Is online learning for Me?
Thomas More College Communication students use Moodle, a web portal that offers easy access to course materials and the ability to communicate with instructors and classmates from one location.
Online Students must be:
- Can set aside quiet time for study on a consistent basis
- Strong writing and reading skills
- Strong keyboarding skills
- Ability to upload documents/pictures
- Ability to use a webcam for class assignments
- Active participants who are not afraid to ask questions and take part in online discussions
- Possess the hardware and software tools needed for online learning.
Online Communication courses - what to expect:
- Six weeks long starting on Sunday.
- Require a lot of reading.
- Have assignments that vary. Check the course outline at the beginning of each course for assignment information and due dates.
- Have a term paper and/or final exam or skill demonstrations at with specific due dates.
- Takes place throughout the week.
- Is very important and contributes to your overall grade.
- Successful online students participate in class discussion at least five out of seven days each week.
TMC students are provided a TMC student email that should be utilized for student discussions. All communication with faculty and staff will be through your student email. Directions for forwarding this email to a preferred personal account are available.