Web Designer and Social Media Manager
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
The position involves web design and daily updating of timely information to www.thomasmore.edu and its pages and micro sites. The web designer & social media manager monitors website analytics as well as social media postings associated with Thomas More College. In addition, this position is charged with creating a social media marketing strategy and presenting Thomas More College’s brand through online social media networks to many different groups of people, including prospective students, parents, alumni and donors.
Core Competency Skills Required
- Expertise in website design and social media marketing
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, jQuery, and SQL. Knowledge of Adobe ColdFusion is a plus.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver & Illustrator preferred
- Proven ability to utilize social media outlets, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Ability to manage time and work on a deadline • Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and take a project from concept to finished product
- Willingness to collaborate and accept constructive criticism
- Enthusiasm for keeping up to date on latest website design technologies
- Designing, overseeing and maintaining the Thomas More College public website (www.thomasmore.edu).
- Responsible for daily posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets. Other duties include coordinating the event and news calendar with online activity, measuring social media influence, partnering with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks, preparing reports to update internal staff on usage statistics and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites and social media outlets.
- Working with Thomas More College’s faculty and staff on projects, website updates, etc.
- Assisting the director of Communications and Public Relations and graphic designer in other areas of expertise, including collaborative graphic design work and video production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- BA computer science, IT or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a full-time web designer with demonstrated results
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS – knowledge of Adobe ColdFusion preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with clients and co-workers and to produce error-free projects
Deadline to apply is May 15, 2013. Applicants should send their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the Director of Human Resources, Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, Kentucky 41017, or firstname.lastname@example.org.