|Department:||Business & Finance Office|
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
This position provides day-to-day management of the College’s tuition and fee charges and cash receipts as well as the disbursement of student scholarship and loan funds.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers
- Organized and flexible
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective problem solving skills
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Student Account Maintenance:
- Perform the functions required to maintain student accounts receivable records.
- Generate, print, and mail registration bills.
- Assist in the registration process by taking student registrations.
- Charge student accounts for tuition and fees—setting up all charge tables and reprint tables each semester.
- Make adjustments to student accounts when required—enter into computer and print out to check for errors.
- Receive payments from students and make the required entries.
- Send out monthly statements to students.
- Coordinate all collection efforts on student accounts.
- Answer all phone calls regarding accounts receivables.
- Process student check requests for refunds after reviewing semester and making decisions on an individual basis.
- Maintain employee access/permission tables.
- Process Tuition Management Systems payments monthly.
- Invoice VA, KAPT & various other organizations for payment of student tuition & fees.
- Post financial aid & loan funds, transfer funds to TAP, & process return of loan funds.
- Perform the functions required to maintain various other college accounts receivable records.
- Assist in preparation of journal vouchers for general ledger closings.
- Process online payments to student accounts, IA, alumni, & various other accounts.
- Maintain charge and assessment tables.
- Perform all cashier functions.
- Make daily cash deposits.
- Balance petty cash drawer making sure all receipts are submitted and cash personal checks for faculty, staff, and students.
A/R & Soft Collections:
- Coordinate collection efforts on student accounts.
- Review Barnes & Noble charges to student accounts for bookstore charges.
- Process commuter meal plans for Aramark.
- Generate & mail tuition tier letters to students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create annual 1098 T’s for students.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Associate degree in Business Administration preferred
- Four years accounts receivable and/or cashiering experience
- Higher education or non-profit accounting knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
To Apply: email resume, cover letter, and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Human Resources Director, Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017.