VP of Finance/Chief Financial Officer
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
Thomas More College is a Catholic, liberal arts College with a reputation for excellent education, community commitment and student success. We serve approximately 1,900 full- and part-time students on a beautiful campus in the Greater Cincinnati area of Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
Reporting directly to the President, the VP Finance/Chief Financial Officer directs all the financial affairs of the College to ensure that Thomas More College operates according to sound legal, financial, and business processes. This position provides the oversight of the College’s operating budget, financial statements, investment management, debt issuance and compliance, loan collateral positioning, audit process and risk management/compliance.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all divisional activities and programs are consistent with and support the academic and student development objectives of the College.
- Recommend all administrative and financial policies for the institution to the President of the College.
- Assume responsibility for the planning, organization and ongoing evaluation of all administrative and financial programs with approval from the President and when necessary the Board of Trustees.
- Convene quarterly meetings of the Investment Committee with outside investment advisors. Insure that the endowment draw is used to its maximum effectiveness to support the operational objectives of the College.
- Convene scheduled meetings of the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees. Prepare all materials to send in advance of the meeting.
- Oversee the preparation of the capital budget for the College. Coordinate with faculty, facilities, athletics and information technology to insure strategic and equitable distribution of funds to meet the needs of the College.
- Present monthly financial statements to the Finance Committee and to the Board of Trustees.
- Insure the completion of a timely and accurate annual audit. Insure compliance with all accounting regulatory changes.
- Present the capital budget annually to the Board of Trustees for approval upon recommendation of the Building and Grounds committee.
- Project the outside financial needs of the College. Prepare analysis of options and related costs when outside debt is required.
- Provide analysis to show the financial impact and the break-even point for approval by the President and the recommendation of the Finance Committee to the Board of Trustees.
- Convene and preside at all meetings of the Budget Committee. Recommend the operational budget to the President of the College after consultation with the Budget committee and the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees. Submit the annual operating budget with recommendation of the Finance Committee and the President to the Board of Trustees each year in February for approval.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate Business Office staff.
- Proficient in understanding of the technology needs for the College, hardware, software as well as personnel.
- In conjunction with the Director of Human Resources, has oversight of insurance/ risk management decisions, and has fiduciary responsibility for employee pension plan.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the President of the College.
The successful candidate must have excellent management and strategic leadership skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills, strong negotiation and team building skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail / accuracy and strong organizational and project management skills.
BS/BA in Finance or related field required. MBA/MS Finance, CPA preferred. Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in financial administration. Experience in higher education preferred.
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, and complete contact information for five references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Director of Human Resources, Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017.